>

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Somewhere in between.....

Somewhere in between Summer and Fall so much has happened. My baby turned into a toddler and my toddler turned into a Preschooler. Lets start with Jackson. Jackson has the most incredible imagination I have ever heard. He amazes me all the time with the things he does and says. He is developed the wonderful appreciation for hero's and superhero's....Buzz Lighyear, Woody, Spiderman, Batman, Superman, Fireman, a Hunter, A Dallas Cowboys Hootball player (as he calls it).... just to name a few! We Brad, Collin and I are all his evil enemies such as Lots-o-Hugs, the Green Goblin, The Joker, a deer, the defense (because he is always the offense), in the case of Superman I am not the villain but Louis Lane who always get saved. Needless to say we go through these characters and many more almost everyday. Jackson also started Pre K 3 this year and he absolutely loves it!! It has been so good for his, while hilarious but timid personality! With that said Jackson has obviously said some pretty funny and some inappropriate things.
So here are a few things out of the mouth of JACK:
While sitting on the counter one morning as I prepared breakfast for him, he was watching his cartoons as usual and turns and looks at me and says "you idiot!" I was in complete shock!! I thought to myself surely he said something else and then say to him "What did you say?" Obviously not realizing that he would enjoy saying it again and he says louder and with a glare on his face "YOU IDIOT!" I was just as shocked the second time as I was the first, I don't know why, did I actually think he would change his words. What was going to do about this.....you guessed, I covered my mouth turned around and died laughing!!! Wrong thing to do, laughing is code to a 3 year old to REPEAT!!! So we quickly had to stop and figure out where this came from.....you guessed, SPIDERMAN taught him to say those endearing words! Our rule now is you can say "you idiot" all you want but only to the "imaginary" monsters we fight when we are playing Spiderman and not mommy when she is playing the monsters!!
One day as I was driving down the road, Jackson and Collin in the backseat watching their movie as usual, Jackson very sweetly says "Mommy?" I of course reply "Yes baby?" He says "When it is Christmas time, we will have Christmas lunch together and Christmas dinner together and watch It's a Wonderful Life together." My mouth dropped and I was speechless! I know he can remember that we eat Christmas dinner together but we have never watched It's a Wonderful Life as a family we watch Christmas Vacation every year.
One day Jackson walks up to my mom (mimi) and says "The suspense is killing me!!!" As usual she was speechless as we are most of the time. She asked "Where did you hear that?" And there was no response.
Where did he learn some the phrases and $2.00 words he says? Who really knows, but they sure are funny!

Collin is as usual doing his best to keep up with his big brother. He has earned the nickname Tuffy because he can take anything Jackson dishes out! Jackson does not know what he has come for him, one day soon Collin is gonna pay him back! While you have no idea what will come out of Jackson's mouth there is nothing coming out of Collin's. He refuses to talk! He will shake his head "yes" and shake his head "no" and will say momma and dada when it is necessary. I am fairly sure he doesn't talk because of his addiction to his pacifier! Wow are we going to be in trouble trying to take that away from him!

No comments:

Post a Comment