>

Monday, March 22, 2010

It's a Wild World!!

"And now," cried Max,"let the wild rumpus start!" From Maurice Sendak, Where the Wild Things Are. A wild rumpus goes on everyday at our home, it keeps us busy but always laughing!! We bought the movie Where the Wild Things Are for Jackson and as if he weren't wild enough this movie sent him over the top! He howls and jumps on things like he is a "Wild Thing" pretending that the characters Max, Carol and KW are his best friend and just as quickly as he is a "Wild Thing" he switches and he is suddenly a superhero. "Sssflying"around the house as Jackson would say with his superhero cape on singing "Jesus your my superhero, your my star, my best friend." My "Wild Superhero" colored on the wall for the first time the other day, he also says he is "the next American Idol", and unrolled and entire roll of foil and had it strung through the entire living room. So Jackson the "Wild Superhero Idol" has two girlfriends Ashley and Minnie Mouse. He calls them often on his phone and texts them as well. The other day Disney music was playing the "I Can Show You the World" from the movie Aladdin and he told me that he wanted to sing that song to his girlfriends. While Jackson is as wild as they come Collin is as sweet as they come but he can't wait start running around with his big brother. Collin is 6 months now and rolling and scooting everywhere, Sitting up well and lunging forward to get in crawling position. Before long he will be chasing Jackson everywhere and he is already trying to get into all of Jackson's toys, Jackson isn't quite sure what to think about this. I am doing a few things different with Collin than I did with Jackson. One is I am cloth diapering, and I love it. I think I love it mostly because it save us so much money, but it really is so easy. If I can do thing anyone can do it too! I use Gro Baby diapers and love them!! The second thing is I am making Collin's baby food! I found this website www.wholesomebabyfood.com and it has made this experiment into something that I absolutely love. Collin loves it to or at least I think he does. I had given him Gerber baby food and he ate it fine, but hated anything green. But I have given him my homemade green beans and peas and he loves them now! This is a wild world and I am sure it only going to get more adventurous and we look forward to every moment!!

Jackson foil adventure

Our Sunday Snow day in March

Our Brown-Eyed Boy is Potty Trained, Finally!!

Mommy and Jackson

Collin's Cloth Diapers!!

2 comments:

  1. It makes me tired just looking at the cloth diapers. You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed you had a blog and it's so funny reading about your boys! I love that you've tackled cloth diapering and homemade baby food. There is hope for me!

    ReplyDelete