>

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tennessee

Recently my mom and I took at trip with Jackson and Collin to Tennessee to see Uncle B. Brandon wasn't going to be able to make it home for Thanksgiving so we decided to take a 12 hour road trip to see him. We left on Sunday morning 14.5 hours later we made it to Cleveland. We had to stop several times the boys were so good in the car, but the refused to sleep Collin only slept for a total of 2 hours that whole trip and Jackson a total of 0 hours that trip!! But we made it and I have never see and 3 year old kid so excited to be in Tennessee. Our hotel that we were staying at is on top of a mountain and you can see far of at all the other mountains and their beautiful trees. Jackson walked out to the edge to look at the beautiful site and he said "the trees are glorious!" I laughed so hard, it was so funny and precious at the same time. I have never known a 3 year old to appreciate traveling so much. We spent our time in Tennessee visiting with Brandon and Ashley, we went to a museum, ate and ate and ate. The boys were so excited to see Uncle B. Collin was so sweet, every time Brandon would walk into the hotel room Collin would hold up his arms for Uncle B to pick him up and then he would just lay his head on Brandon's shoulder. They boys love their Uncle B so much! One evening we were all at the hotel and Brandon and Ashely were sitting on one of the beds with mom and I was sitting on the other and the boys were running around the room. Brandon was teasing around with the boys, Jackson was standing in front of Brandon but with his back to him, when Jackson whipped his head around with his eye scowling at Brandon. With a deep and serious voice Jackson says "YOU!!" with a slight pause and then putting his finger over his mouth "SSHHHH!!" We all started laughing so hard which was a huge mistake because now he was saying it to everyone. We quickly had to put a stop to this! He told Jackson that he could say that to Uncle B and Ashely but to no one else. If he were to ever say that to G-Daddy he would be in serious trouble. We discovered that he learned this from one of the movies, opps! But speaking o f being in trouble by G-Daddy, this is a random story but I just remembered it and it has to be told. One day Brandon and I were at my parents house and I had the boys there with me. My dad was having a really serious conversation with Brandon and I, it sound like Dad was upset with us about something. Brandon and I had already come down the stairs with the boys and my dad was still walking down the stairs talking and there was a pause in words when it came our of Jackson's mouth. Jackson says with his serious voice "G-Daddy, I don't have time for this!" My dad stopped right in his tracks, you could tell he was so mad. Brandon and I started laughing on the inside we definitely didn't laugh out loud on this one. So now back to the Tennessee trip. Ashley has a new puppy and his name is Duke and the boys loved playing with him. It was so cute it almost made me want to get the boys a dog but then I decided it wasn't that cute. Jackson called Duke "Dukie" which was pretty funny. We had a wonderful time and of course we were so sad to have to leave Uncle B. But now it was time for trip home. We left on Thursday morning and drove and drove, the boys fell asleep so we just kept driving for 6 hours, they woke up and we go out and had a small picnic, got back in the car and drove and drove. They boys fell asleep again for most of the trip they slept and we drove. We got about 10 minutes from our house and Jackson says "Meme, I can't stay in my seat all night long" in a sad little voice. We felt so terrible because we had only stopped once. So I sped up a little to try to hurry and get home and we were about 5 minutes from our house and I get pulled over and get a ticket! Anyway we make it home and the boys were so excited to see their daddy and be home. We made it home in 12.5 hours! We had such wonderful trip and were so glad we got to see Uncle B!






No comments:

Post a Comment